Pages

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

No Reason

I just wanted to buy you some flowers - no reason.
I just thought it would be lovely to book a holiday - no reason.
I just really felt like writing you a poem - no reason.
I just thought I'd come over and say hi - no reason.
I just really love your knuckles - no reason.
I just decided to keep trying to phone you - no reason.
I just felt like holding my breath for quite a long time - no reason.
I just thought it would be cool to stare at my computer screen while my anti-virus software did a full scan - no reason.
I just had this urge to break into your house and sit in your bath for a bit and eat some of your soap - no reason.
I just thought it would be fun to stand in the centre of town and staple dead pigeons to my face - no reason.
I just thought it might be interesting to follow your mum around for a day or two - no reason.
I just thought that I'd tell loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of awful lies - no reason.
I just really fancied having a picnic in the A&E department - no reason.
I just thought I'd pretend that I was an actual baby for a few days but still go to work - no reason.
I just had this idea to start collecting things that make me feel incredibly angry - no reason.
I just started shaking quite a lot - no reason.
I just wanted to see what would happen if I covered myself in loads of bin bags and then went to the library to ask if they had any books about Nikitin NV-2 - No reason.
I just thought it would be funny if I ripped up all the carpet in my house and cut it all into the shapes of little people and played a game with them where they talk to me all day but I completely ignore them - no reason.
I just really like standing in my front room when it's really late and switching the light on and off for a few hours - no reason.
I just think it's nice to cover my entire face in lipstick and go to the dual carriageway with a few beers - no reason.
I just have this thing at the moment where I sit in the airing cupboard and drink quite a lot of milk and sing songs out of tune on purpose and don't even give myself going to the loo breaks - no reason.
I just can't stop running into cafes and going up to the bit where all the cakes are and climbing up onto the counter and taking my shoes off and throwing them on the floor and getting my spare pair of stilettos out of my bag and putting them on and jumping on all the muffins and flapjacks and Portuguese custard tarts and screaming - no reason.
I think I just miss you a bit.

1 comment: